Thursday 24 March 2011

Update Alert.

So, for the moment I think things are progressing relatively smoothly.


1.I got an interview for Watford! Wayhaaaaaaay...


AND

2. I think the photos I have been working on will work well for my EMP final Piece.


3. I just ordered my first set of business cards. (And hence I am feeling rather old and fairly grown up)...


I just need to remember to stay calm, prioritize and make sure I do my research for the interview. 


Although I am pleased with the outcomes of my photos, I need to decide how best to exhibit them for the end of year show. I know that I don't want the images framed and I know that I want them to have a matte finish rather than glossy. I am no longer considering the option of fabric as I don't want the images to loose the photographic quality that thick Cartridge paper offers. However, my issue is having them displayed forward from the wall- ie. not flush.


I have also decided on reflection and with the aid of a tutorial, that I will no longer embroider and sew into the images- I am going to leave them as they are; especially as when viewed together, they create an interesting panoramic landscape. 




The photographs above are from my more recent photographic explorations!

 And once again, all the photos are my own; I hope you like them. 

Interestingly, in my last tutorial, a reference to the English artist John Constable was made- especially in terms of hues; colour palette and tone. 

The images below are actually some examples of Constable's work.



He was an English Romantic painter whom was born in Suffolk. He is known principally for his landscape paintings of Dedham Vale, the area surrounding his home—now known as "Constable Country"—which he invested with an intensity of affection. "I should paint my own places best", he wrote to his friend John Fisher in 1821, "painting is but another word for feeling".

I find it quite ironic that Constable was mentioned as a comparison to my work as I have visited Flatford Mill in the past. Flatford Mill is a rural place, surrounded in thick woods, wildlife and beautiful views; It is also referenced in several of Constable's paintings. I also find the Constable reference interesting as he painted the good ol' English countryside as it was back in the 18th and 19th Centuries; Where in comparison, I am highlighting the fact that we are destroying/ restricting our natural habitats with over building and populating 200 years later. 

The image below shows Constable's The Haywain; one of his most famous paintings. Flatford Mill can be seen on the left hand side.




The image below shows The Mill as it is today- located in Suffolk.



No comments:

Post a Comment