Sunday 20 February 2011

Reference Material

As part of my research, I found a couple of artists known as Christo and Jeanne-Claude. They are a married couple whom created environmental pieces of art. Their work includes the wrapping of the Reichstag in Berlin and The Gates in NYC. I thought their work would be an interesting reference point as it is similar to the process I want to use when experimenting with the Rubiks Cube.


Their work is very impressive yet often controversial due to its scale. The artists actually repeatedly deny that their work holds any deeper meaning than the aesthetic value.



178 trees in Berower Park, north east of Basel were wrapped in used 55,000 m2 of silver-grey shiny polyester fabric and 23 km of rope.



I think the work of Christo and Jeanne- Claude will be an interesting reference point as it actually combines my plant experiment nicely with my materials exploration.


No comments:

Post a Comment